Scope of Terms
We at RHT Ventures Ltd (“we”, or “us”) recognize the importance of privacy and confidentiality of personal information and are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws.
Izy.market (the “Platform”) is a business to consumer (or “B2C”) platform which connects and facilitates sales and purchases between business vendors (or “Vendors”) and consumer buyers (or “Buyers”).
Collection of Information
The personal information that we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
Information That You Provide to Us
If you are a Buyer, we will ask you to provide:
- Contact information: such as name, address, phone number, email address
- Purchase and/or payment information: including credit card or similar payment information that you intend to purchase and the relevant billing and delivery address.
- Information about your purchases: including the goods purchased and how many.
- Information about and/or to support complaints: made in connection with the Platform or goods and/or services purchased via the Platform.
If you are a Vendor, we will ask you to provide:
- Information about your business (if applicable) including Business Registration Number, Trade licences (if applicable), VAT Number (If applicable) or similar information.
- Details about the goods and products that you intend to sell via the Platform.
- Purchase and/or payment information including bank account or other payment information that you intend to be paid by.
If you choose to provide us with any additional information, such as in response to questionnaires for market research / analytics. This may include marital status, nationality, gender, date and/or year of birth, annual income, monthly spending, and user preferences. If you prefer not to provide such information, the use of our services and products will not be affected.
Information we Collect Automatically
If you are a Buyer or Vendor or prospective Buyer or Vendor, we will automatically collect:
- A copy of any correspondence with us, including any verification information we ask for, if you contact us for any reason (such as our customer service department chat service, telephone or email).
- Details of transactions and communications over the Platform, including the types and specifications of the goods sold and purchased, pricing and delivery information, any dispute records, communications between Buyers and Vendors over the Platform and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
- Details of Platform buying and browsing activities, for these purposes we will automatically collect information from your device. Specifically, this collected information may include IP addresses, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), browsing patterns and details of how you have interacted with our Platform and the goods and services available on it. In addition, we gather information about the Platform and visitors to the Platform, including browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the section “Cookies” below. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your prior consent to the collection of information using cookies and similar tracking technologies. We also may derive or collect inferences about you based on your buying and browsing activity information and other information we have collected about you.
Information That We Receive from Third Parties
If you are a Buyer or Vendor, we may receive personal information about you from:
- Social media platforms if you choose to register for a Platform account via a social media account. Exactly what information we receive will depend on your privacy settings with the applicable platform, but would typically include basic public profile information such as:
- Your social media username, nickname, or username
- Your social media profile picture
- Company name (if applicable).
Use of Personal Data
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Verifying Platform account registrations: including conducting fraud, security, “Know Your Customer” and anti-money laundering checks in order to approve your vendor account.
- Setting up/administering Buyer and Vendor accounts: including providing log-in IDs and setting up payment / transaction accounts.
- Providing customer service support, such as responding to your queries, feedback and managing claims and/or disputes.
- Providing/supporting general Platform services, facilitating communication between Buyers and Vendors, processing transactions and payments, assessing advance withdrawal requests from Vendors and providing logistics and delivery services.
- Providing relevant membership benefits, including birthday rewards, membership offers and coupons, anniversary awards, exclusive member prices.
- Verifying your identity and purchases in connection with product warranty or other after-sales claims.
- Assessing and monitoring account security and transaction risks of Buyers and Vendors, such as detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering and other security incidents.
- Sending and serving tailored marketing and advertising that we believe will be of interest to you based on the ways in which you use the Platform, your browsing records, and order history.
- Conducting research and analytics to ensure the security of our Platform, to improve the content and layout of the Platform, and to improve our product offerings and services.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure or Sharing of Personal Data
We disclose/share personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Other Platform Buyers and/or Vendors where necessary to support purchases and communications made between you. If you are a Buyer, Vendors that you purchase from will also control personal information about you relevant to or connected with your Platform purchases and communications with them.
- Our business partners (for example, in order for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest Buyers or prospective Buyers) where you have consented to receiving such information from them if required by applicable data protection laws.
- Credit risk assessment providers to conduct risk assessment on Vendors to determine whether a Vendor can be permitted to make an advance withdrawal.
- Logistics partners for providing delivery services for Buyers and Vendors, including return and exchange of products, and warehousing services for Vendors.
- Customs agents for customs clearances purposes, where applicable to support Buyers and Vendors with international sales/purchases.
- Cloud computing or other hosting service providers to provide cloud storage services.
- Warranty service providers to provide product warranty services when requested by a Buyer or Vendor.
- Customer service support providers to provide after-sale services or other customer services support.
- Risk control service providers to assess the security of Buyer and Vendor accounts and transaction risks; and
- Third party rating / reviewing service providers to carry out reviews of our services with customers if you choose to participate in reviewing or rating Platform products and/or services.
- To our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government, and regulatory and other organisations where we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect your vital interests or those of any other person; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Links to Other Sites
Our Platform may provide links to other websites or application that may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
The Platform is intended for adults and users must be over 18 to use our Platform. We do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors, as defined by applicable law. If a minor has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact customer service of izy.market to remove the information.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications after setting up an account with us. If you do not wish to receive promotional communications from us, then kindly inform us so.
Advertisements on Platform
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Platform. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, to provide services or products to you, as required or permitted by applicable laws. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. How long your data is kept for will also depend on how you use our website (for example if you are logged in as a member or visiting our website as a guest) and what the information you provide to us is used for. For example, if you are a registered member, certain data will be retained for a length of time following termination or deletion of your account, to comply with applicable laws or in case of disputes. In other instances, the period of retention may be determined according to your activity on the Platform or to comply with a specific arbitration period/resolve a dispute.
- What are cookies?
A cookie is a string of information that is sent to your browser and stored on your computers or mobile device’s hard drive. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same browser or device to access the Platform, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the Platform and, in turn, we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
Cookies set by the site or app owner are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by third parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your device both when it visits the website in question and when it visits certain other websites.
Cookies are also categorized as “session cookies” (which are erased once you close the browser or shut down the device) and “persistent cookies” (which remain even after closing the browser or shutting down the device/application and which are activated each time you visit the Platform). Session cookies use encrypted data to authenticate you. Persistent cookies do not store account numbers or passwords. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies.
We use first- and third-party cookies for several reasons.
Some cookies are required for technical and/or security reasons in order for our Platform to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. First party cookies are mainly served to enable basic functionality on our Platform; including web analytics cookies that help us understand how users use our web pages and how we can improve their use. For example, we use essential or strictly necessary cookies to enable us to remember goods added to your shopping basket and to recognize you when you sign into your account.
We also use social media cookies. You may register for Platform membership and “share” Platform content through social media such as Facebook and Instagram. Sometimes we embed videos from websites like YouTube. These websites have their own privacy policies which govern their use of information, which you can find on the respective websites.
- How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. If you choose to set your web browser controls to reject cookies, you may still use our website though your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be restricted.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. Certain features of the Platform depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost.
Our Platform uses Google Analytics, an internet analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google’s cookies allow us analyse use of the Platform by telling us which pages our users are viewing, which ones are most popular, what time of day our Platform are visited, if users have previously visited our Platform, from which website users are redirected to our Platform were and the like. The data generated by the cookie about your use of the Platform will be transmitted to Google and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. Whenever you access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession, we adhere to our security guidelines to protect it against unauthorized access. However, by using the Platform, the users accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet and the World Wide Web which cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure, and therefore, there would always remain certain inherent risks regarding use of the Platform. Users are responsible for ensuring the protection of login and password records for their account.
For registered users of the Site, some of your information can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We have instructed our personnel to never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you should not choose to save your log-in information (e.g., user ID and password) on that shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit over the internet.